Emerge Beyond Circles
by John Geers
Two couples from Madison, with entwined destinies, both seeking love, are connected by a single element: the ancient Siberian witch, Thuban-Pol. Her magic will either be their savior or their ruin.
Thuban-Pol is the latest in a lineage of Siberian witches. Their eternal aim is to guide humanity to true love. Their guiding tenet, “For love to bloom, these three endure: sacrifice, perseverance and suffering. But the greatest of these is suffering.”
Since the dawn of humanity, they have summoned countless couples, inflicting suffering with the intention to grow true love. They have never succeeded…but now they have their best opportunity in two couples from Wisconsin.
If they succeed, love will finally bloom for all of humanity, if the suffering inflicted on these couples doesn’t kill them first.
She lifted her hands before her eyes for inspection, their work done, his coat free of blood. The paper skin of her ancient hands had adopted the crimson of her task, and he kissed them with a rough lick.
Thuban sat in silence for some time before she spoke again.
“Draconis, rules betray us.” She dropped a heavy sigh.
A shiver rippled along his coat.
She patted the volume with the wood cut flower on the cover. “These rules, they put us at ease. The fences they built are too safe. Love constrained by rules is not love. Love is caribou in stampede, Salix in full summer whip. It is frost on a wisp of caribou moss. Love is as dark as Siberian winter and as rugged as Ural peaks. Consider the orbit of our star in the heavens, how dare we contrive rules to direct the path. The Kara Sea knows love. Waves batter and smash and settle to a tickle and are whipped to batter again, their cycle of passion is eternal. These are love.
Interview with the Author:
1. How long have you been writing? All my life man…all my life.
2. What titles do you have available? My debut novel is Emerge Beyond Cirlces and it is my only work.
4. What made you choose the subject of this book? The subject is love. I have always believed in love and the exploration of what love is and how it is created.
5. Do you have any new titles coming soon? None yet.
6. What is your favourite genre and why? I do not have a favorite genre. I fall in love with any story that has complex-authentic characters and a strong love story.
7. What, to you, is the most exciting part of the writing process? I love the revising stage. It is when things become beautiful.
8. If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would you choose and why? I would love to work with Alanis Morrissette. I have always admired her and I think she could bring creativity and freshness to a work of fiction.
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
John Geers drew inspiration to begin his debut novel from a dream he experienced.
Hours spent in the caffeinated air of his favorite coffeehouse proved to be the perfect place to complete Emerge Beyond Circles.
John is a middle school literacy educator, where he inspires and is inspired by the writers of tomorrow. He is the founder and facilitator of his school’s Creative Writing Club. He is also a columnist for the online magazine Elephant Journal.
He loves a good story, being on the water, and witty puns. He can be found hiking the wilderness, biking big hills, sipping dark coffee, and looking for a chair in the mall.
WRITER WEBPAGE: http://bit.ly/2fSVGDL
WRITER FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/2glo25s
THUBAN-POL FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/2gTcBTQ
John Geers will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC, a signed copy of the book, and a stuffed tiger (US only) to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.
Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: